Coast Travelers Group 2017 Survey Contest
THESE RULES GOVERN THE COAST TRAVELERS GROUP 2017 SURVEY CONTEST. THEY EXEMPT COAST CAPITAL SAVINGS CREDIT UNION, COAST TRAVELERS GROUP AND OTHER PERSONS FROM LIABILITY AND CONTAIN IMPORTANT PROVISIONS. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND SIGNIFY THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THESE RULES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH EACH PROVISION OF THESE RULES, YOU MAY NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE COAST TRAVELERS GROUP 2017 SURVEY CONTEST.
The Contest Period and Prizes
- The Coast Travelers Group 2017 Survey Contest (the “Contest”) is offered by Coast Travelers Group (“CTG”).
The Contest will run from 12:01 am PST on October 30, 2017 to 11:59 pm PDT on November 13, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). All entries must be received by CTG within this period in order to be eligible.
- Potential participants will be invited to participate in the Coast Travelers Group 2017 Survey Contest survey (the “Survey”) through evites, intercept messages (“IMs”), and enhanced personal messages (“EPMs”) during the Contest Period. Once the Survey invitation is received, potential participants will have fourteen (14) days, or an alternate time period at CTG’s sole discretion, to complete the Survey and enter the Contest.
- There are a total of three prizes available to be won of CAD$200.00 (each, a “Prize”; collectively, the “Prizes”). A person may not win more than one Prize. Prizes will be mailed to the winner’s preferred address. Prizes will be awarded pursuant to the time frames provided in these Rules under the How to Win and Claim Your Prize section.
How to Enter
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the Contest. Upon completing the Survey, participants will automatically be entered into the Contest.
- Access to the Survey is available through evites, IMs, and EPMs from CTG. Each entrant can earn a maximum of one entry for the Contest and a maximum of one entrant per completed Survey is allowed.
- All entries are subject to verification by CTG. Any entry that appears to CTG, in their discretion, to be incomplete, ineligible, improper, or fraudulent may be disqualified, including but not limited to entries that are made contrary to these Rules, entries that are disruptive to the proper operation of the Contest, or entries that are in any way unjust to other entrants or potential entrants.
- Any decisions made by CTG, including but not limited to those concerning the eligibility or disqualification of entrants, are final and binding without right of appeal.
- The Contest is only open to customers of CTG and have reached the age of 19 as of the date of their participation in the Survey, and who have been invited to participate in the Survey through an evite, IM, or EPM.
- Current and past employees, directors, and officers of CTG, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies and independent judging organizations, and each of their immediate family members (defined as a spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses) are not eligible to enter this Contest.
How to Win & Claim the Prize
- A random draw will be conducted on November 15, 2017. The odds of winning a Prize will depend on the number of valid entries received.
- CTG will attempt to contact selected entrants by email to provide notice of the Prize at the email provided by entrants at the time they completed the Survey.
- If CTG is unable for any reason to contact the selected entrant or the selected entrant does not respond to CTG within 1 week of the email, CTG reserves the right to disqualify the selected entrant and another entrant may be selected by CTG by random draw in accordance with these Rules.
- In the event that a selected entrant is disqualified or is otherwise determined to be ineligible for any reason CTG may, in its sole discretion, hold another random draw to select another entrant.
- Prizes are subject to all applicable conditions, restrictions, requirements and regulations of CTG and are subject to applicable laws at the time of delivery. Prizes do not include any other fees, charges or benefits, all of which are the winner’s sole responsibility. Prizes must be accepted as described in these Rules and cannot be returned, transferred to another individual, substituted for another prize, or exchanged. CTG reserves the right, in its sole discretion and for any reason whatsoever, to substitute a Prize or any part thereof with another prize of equivalent or greater value.
Release and Exclusion of Liability
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless CTG, and their affiliates, and each of its respective agents, employees, directors, officers, successors and assigns against any and all claims that are in any way associated with the Contest, including but not limited to claims for:
- any harm that you may sustain or incur as a result of the negligence of CTG;
- defects or delays in the Prizes awarded that are outside of CTG’s control;
- erroneous, lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries, regardless of the cause;
- failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notice of a Prize;
- typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these Rules, the selection and announcement of the Prize winners or distribution of the Prizes;
- changes in an entrant’s contact details after entry is submitted;
- any injury or damage to any person’s computer or data contained therein or other property as a result of any person’s participation in the Contest;
- the use of your voice, statements, place of residence, name and likeness, including as a result of distortion, blurring, processing or reproduction;
- any malfunction, failure relating to telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software, failed or misdirected computer or telephone transmissions, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic; or
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect, or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort, or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest, or participation in the Contest, or the Prize, or any charitable donations made by CTG related to the Contest, regardless of the cause or any negligence by any of the employees, agents or representatives of CTG.
- By entering the Contest, you authorize CTG to collect and use your personal information to administer the Contest and for research purposes, including helping CTG to improve its services and better understand and respond to member needs.
If you are a selected entrant, you specifically authorize CTG to broadcast, publish, and otherwise use your name, voice, likeness, statements regarding the Contest, and place of residence, for publicity purposes and to promote the Contest, without any form of notice or remuneration.
- All personal information collected for this Contest that is in the possession of CTG will be destroyed in accordance with provincial privacy laws within a reasonable time period following the end of the Contest Period.
- Any dispute between CTG and you or any other person arising from, connected with or relating to the Contest, the submission of entries to the Contest, participation in the Contest, the Prizes, the use or misuse of personal information, or any related matters will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
General Terms and Conditions
- CTG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, suspend or terminate this Contest or to amend the Rules, without notice and without compensation to any participant in the Contest.
- If CTG determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is not capable of being conducted as intended by CTG, including due to misconduct including but not limited to the transmission of computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other cause that corrupts or interferes with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, CTG may in its sole discretion disqualify any entrant responsible for any such misconduct.
- Generally prizes and gifts are non-taxable, however you acknowledge and accept responsibility of tax liability.
- The Contest and the Rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia.
Participation in the Contest constitutes acceptance of and agreement with these Rules.